Friday, November 7, 2008

Basketweave Intarsia Halter Top


This is the last (for the moment) of the basketweave intarsia garments. I particularly love this one because I think the design is ingenious (if I do say so myself). I developed it because I thought the squares could lend themselves to a halter top shape and by noodling I figured out a configuration that would work.

Like the original scarf, this top is knit on the bias, starting in this case with two squares and then adding and subtracting squares as needed to obtain the shape. However, like the preceding wraps, I used two different yarns for the garter and stockinette squares, in this case Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Ribbon (alas discontinued) and Cilantro. These yarns give it a nice drape.

This pattern can be found in the Nashua Handknits North American Lifestyles: Seashore pattern book.

No comments: